Renew East Kentucky
As Kentuckians, we want what everybody wants:
- more affordable energy
- good jobs that don’t do damage to our land, air, or water
- a say in the important decisions that affect us
- healthy communities.
This is why we're working hard to renew east Kentucky
Renew East Kentucky is an organizing campaign to move Kentucky’s rural electric co-ops toward cleaner energy, increased energy efficiency, and more open and democratic governance. It will also open the door to thousands of new jobs.
We have a vision for a renewed east Kentucky, and we're taking action:
- We're promoting clean and affordable energy, such as energy-saving projects, like How$martKY, that are happening throughout the area. We're also working on legislation to expand and fund programs like this.
- KFTC members are working with electric co-ops in a Clean Energy Collaborative, looking together for ways to increase energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Members are stepping up to participate in co-op decisions and working on co-op reforms--from running for co-op boards of directors to passing a Members' Bill of Rights--to make the co-ops more open, fair, and transparent.
- And we're getting informed and organizing in our communities. Check out our pages here to dig deeper into informative resources and tools, to keep up with our blog and news related to Renew East Kentucky, and to find ways to take action and get involved in your own community.
Renew East Kentucky will be an important step in transitioning our region to a sustainable and healthy economy that is good for all of us.
More about Renew East Kentucky
Renew East Kentucky news
Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Friday, April 11, 2014