Making our voices heard in the KY General Assembly
KFTC members play an important role in issues that matter in the Kentucky General Assembly. We put the grassroots in grassroots lobbying! And we have a long track record of helping to pass important legislation, and stopping bad ideas before they become law.
Every winter our members make multiple trips to Frankfort to meet with legislators, testify before committees, and hold rallies and demonstrations at the Capitol. We share stories and information with legislators to promote ideas that can improve the quality of life in our state. And we hold lawmakers accountable if they ignore the needs of their constituents.
There are many ways you can help make a difference:
Let us know you're coming! Fill out this form to let us know if you can lobby with us while the General Assembly is in session. First-time lobbyists are espeically encouraged to join us!
Call or write your legislators to let them know your views on important issues.
- Set up a meeting with your legislators in your home district during the off-season.
- Call the toll-free legislative message line (1-800-372-7181) to leave a message for any legislator or group of legislators.
Get informed – and help educate others!
- Follow this link to KFTC’s bill tracker, an updated list of bills we’re following during the most recent legislative session.
- Learn more about KFTC’s priority legislative goals, including:
- Passing a Constitutional Amendment Restoring the Right to Vote
- Passing the Kentucky Forward Plan for tax reform
- Passing the Clean Energy Opportunity Act
- Passing the Stream Saver Bill
- Visit the Legislative Research Commission’s website to find the latest version of any bill and lots of other important information.
- Contact KFTC if you’d like to host a workshop in your community about ways to be an effective citizen lobbyist or about any of these priority issues.
How to lobby in Frankfort
KFTC Legislative Updates
About KFTC lobby days
If you wish to attend one of our KFTC lobby days, fill out this form to let us know you're coming. We will be meeting at 9 a.m. in the Capitol Annex cafeteria. Please note that you will need a driver's license or other form of government ID to enter the capitol or capitol annex. For questions or more information email email@example.com
Resources you can use
Learn more ...
KFTC works to strengthen our democracy in Kentucky in many ways, including:
Follow the links above to learn ways you can get involved and make your voice heard.
For more information or
to get involved:
Jessica Hays Lucas | Tel: 859-276-0563