Build grassroots power: support Organizing Academy, Apprentices
Our values are being challenged every day – here at home in Kentucky and across the country.
But KFTC members are standing for the Kentucky we know is possible. In the halls of Frankfort and in our communities, we’re resisting with a vision for affordable healthcare, clean energy solutions, fairness and equality, and a healthy democracy.
Already this year, KFTC members have:
- Lined the halls of the capitol in silent resistance at our Stand for Kentucky event.
- Called, written to and met with elected leaders by the hundreds.
- Turned out in big numbers to pressure congressional reps at town hall meetings.
- Spoken up for our values at rallies, marches and in the media.
We believe in the power of community organizing. We know change doesn’t happen at the ballot box alone; voting is one tool of many. When folks come together around a common vision, we can make changes that benefit all of us. And when elected leaders do things that threaten our vision, we can stand together and resist.
This year KFTC launches the Organizing Academy to train folks in organizing skills and put more organizers on the ground in our communities. We’re also hiring Organizer Apprentices who will work with KFTC staff to learn about and practice community organizing. These strategies will help us build a larger, deeper movement of Kentuckians taking action for justice.
Your donation to KFTC during our spring membership and fundraising campaign will support the Organizing Academy and Apprentices. Here are some ways you can contribute:
- Become a Sustaining Giver. Your Sustaining Gift will support the work now and into the future – building power for the long haul.
- Renew your membership with a one-time gift. Your gift of any size will renew your membership for another year and support the work this year.
- Join KFTC. If you aren’t yet a member, now is the time to join. Your gift of any size will make you a member.
- Recruit a friend or family member to join KFTC. As our numbers grow, so does our power.
Now is the time to stand for the Kentucky we know is possible. As our vision statement says, we’re working for a day when all Kentuckians enjoy a better quality of life. When everyone has health care, shelter, food, education, clean water and other basic needs. When discrimination is wiped out of our laws, habits and hearts.
We believe in the power of community organizing to achieve this vision. Your membership makes it possible.